What: Volunteers for travel to a small village in the eastern outlands. This area has been subject to a rise in wolf activity in the past several weeks which has discouraged local hunters. After investigating the nearby woodlands, the reason is discovered: a Kaiser Wolf has drawn the lesser wolves into one vicious pack! Where: Outlands. Slots Open: 2-6. Reward: Bracer (strength increase).
What: Volunteers hired by a local wealthy merchant to travel up the northern coast. By a number of reports, a shipwreck has appeared three days north of Emillion. The merchant suspects his lost wares might be among the wreckage (crates of expensive Ordalian wine), but he needs a group to investigate and slay any beasts in the area. Upon arriving, the volunteers find both the wine and a disturbing monster. Also, they may stumble across a small, mysterious chest, the carvings appearing similar to the monster that attacked the Tenements District. While this chest can’t be opened, it could be sent to the council and Riskbreaker for inspection! Where: Northern Coast, Outlands. Slots Open: 2-6. Reward: Pheasant Netsuke (increases restorative item potency).
What: A prominent Judge has requested that his son be tutored in swordplay for ten lessons. The young boy is eleven, and has not yet decided whether he would like to become a knight or study law. Depending upon the choices of his teacher, the client can either be impressed by the guild or information can be gained to sully the reputation of the Judge and cause grief to a rival of the Fighters Guild. Where: Nobles District. Slots Open: 1. Reward: Flame Shield (50% Fire Resist).
What: Hellwyrm Hall has lost the last member in charge of the armory's inventory, and all of its supplies and weapons are now in a chaotic state of disarray. Volunteers must take the time to sort through the entire storeroom stock, reorganize and make a detailed list of all weapons, armor and items for council appraisal, a feat that will likely take weeks of effort. Where: Hellwyrm Hall, Cathedral District. Slots Open: 2-10. Rewards: White Fang (Lightning Damage to foes).
What: The Grande Grimoire attempted to use a less credible but cheaper supplier. Unfortunately, their books and scrolls are now mixed with faulty wares. The owner of the shop has requested that knowledgeable mages be sent to identify and remove the spurious materials. Where: The Grande Grimoire, Bazaar. Slots Open: 2-10. Rewards: Protect Scroll.
What: Volunteers must travel to a secluded monastery in the outlands to retrieve an extra cache of white magic spell scrolls. Due to many recent troubles involving the undead and Dark magic, interest in white magic has increased and supplies are at risk of running low. While the journey through the outlands is relatively quiet, the volunteers seemed to have arrived at the wrong time: it seems an acolyte has made a mistake in his work and unwittingly summoned a Holy Elemental near the monastery. Before the supply of white magic scrolls can be acquired, this enemy must be dealt with. While staying at the monastery, the volunteers notice an ancient tapestry depicting a figure similar to the monster that appeared in the Tenements District. Unfortunately, not even the head priest seems to know of its origin. Where: Outlands. Slots Open: 3-6. Rewards: Leather Gorget (raises magic attacks when health is critical). COMPLETE:May 25, 2014
What: A local group of alchemists have run out of stock. Hiring a group of volunteers to restock their supply, the volunteers must travel to the outlands and collect a special list of herbs for potions that only grow during the winter months. Where: Outlands. Slots Open: 3-6. Rewards: Hi-Potion, Ether, Remedy. COMPLETE:December 28, 2013
What: A noble woman is concerned that her son has started to learn magic on his own, and may be in danger of harming himself without proper tutelage. She has hired volunteers to investigate the matter and determine whether or not this is true. After paying several inquiring visits to the young man’s estate, it is discovered that he is dark practitioner, and has accidentally summoned a Golem. After defeating the fell monster, his fate depends on the actions of the volunteers. Where: Nobles District. Slots Open: 2-6. Reward: Magic Ring (immune to Silence/Berserk).
What: A merchant at the bazaar took a loan from the Thieves Guild in desperation. Now that his business is slowly recovering, however, he has decided to try and skip payments. The merchant must be persuaded to give back the gil, one way or another, and the volunteer for this job must decide the best course of action. Where: Bazaar. Slots Open: 2-3. Reward: Brigand’s Gloves (increases speed).
What: A local gang of shinobi have attempted to break away from the guild, murdering their former boss and using his gil to make an escape from the city. Volunteers will need to search for clues as to where they are hiding. Following rumors of thievery and murder along the journey, the ninja are found hiding out in a forest cave. The group must then decide how to deal with them. Where: Outlands. Slots Open: 2-6. Reward: 900 gil, Cat-Ear Hood (increases speed + vitality).
What: A noble has requested entertainment for a personal party held at their estate. Volunteers must organize an appropriate plan for an entire evening of music and performance, and are expected to dress and act appropriately. However, how events unfold are entirely up to the volunteers. Where: Nobles District Slots Open: 2-6. Reward: Bacchus' Wine (inflicts Berserk)
What: A wealthy merchant has put out a contract to sabotage his closest rival. Word is received that the other merchant intends on shipping a cartload of healing potions, tonics, and other medical supplies to patrons in the outlands worried about possible illnesses. Volunteers must travel along the main road and steal these goods, robbing the merchant's rival of his wares. Where: Main road, Outlands. Slots Open: 2-6. Reward: Hi-Potion, Ether, Remedy.
SIGN UP RULES!
• If you volunteer for a job, you must use this opportunity for a piece of writing, whether that is a log, thread or (for small solo jobs) a narrative. No hand-waving jobs for free rewards!
• We expect that all missions will be completed in TWO WEEKS, or less, as to prevent issues with missions. If a player is incapable of completing a mission within that time, their "hold" on the slot will be deleted and the mission will be "open" once again.
• Allow other players an opportunity! You may volunteer for one job inside and one job outside your guild, allowing for two total jobs and rewards.
• CROSS-GUILD COMMISSIONS. These are allowed and welcome. Example: A fighter takes a travel commission, but it is likely to a be dangerous journey, and he may benefit from taking along a mage or an associate in the "Bards Guild". These guests would take their pay from the Fighters Guild specifically, but would also be allowed to join. How players would like to form their parties is up to them, with above rules in mind, and are welcome to discuss planning ICly with council members as well.
• Aside from any special rewards, each job will pay out a 900 GIL cut from the guilds upon completion. Any travel expenses will be afforded separately.
• This is an experimental project, and will likely be subject to further additions, changes and timelines. If there are no jobs of interest to one particular character at this time, there may be more options provided in the future. As with other plot events, feedback and suggestions are welcome and should be directed to the mod email.
• When volunteering for a job, please make a comment below with the subject header GUILD | JOB NUMBER | CHARACTER NAME with every new additional member to that particular job doing likewise, so the mods can update the above the information with the volunteer roster.
• None of this is mandatory!
• Missions will be started when the appropriate guild council/council member recruits for the mission. The player is then expected to sign their character up ICly, and then comment to this post OOCly.
• If you would like to suggest a possible mission, please email the mods to iron out the appropriate reward, and difficulty details. Once you have come to agreed upon terms with the mods, please copy the following into an email with the appropriate information for the mods to post the new mission to the body of this entry in the mod’s journal.